June 2015

Found 4 blog entries for June 2015.

Everyone wants to live the American dream: marriage, kids, and owning a home. Buying a home is a big step and many of us want to make the right decision. If you’re thinking of buying a home this year, consider these 3 important trends before purchasing your dream house.

 It’s cheaper to buy not rent. If you think buying a home is out of your budget, rethink your possibilities. Renters spend about 15% more of their income on rent than those with a mortgage payment, so if you are looking to settle down and build a home, consider buying and not renting. 

 Low mortgage rates are here. After the home seller/buyers market collapse in 2012, the idea of purchasing a home was the last thing on many peoples minds. But mortgage rates are at an all time

Read Full Post »

Many of us love our pets as if they were our flesh and blood, but our fur babies can reek havak on our home. Selling a home doesn’t come without difficulties, so when it comes time to sell, clean up the mess to make the most profit. 

 Deep clean— inside and out. Our pets can leave a mess throughout our home, so clean up their mess with a super deep cleaning. Remove any foul odors such as urine or pets smell from all areas of your home. When it comes to the outside of your home, patch up any holes, discolored grass spots, and of course clean up any “surprises” left on the lawn. 

 Repair Damages. Make sure to fix any damages your pet my have caused to your home. Scratches, chew marks, and even ripped screens will need to be taken care if you want

Read Full Post »

 

Random

Don't be afraid to treat your first meeting with a real estate agent as an interview. It IS! You need to be sure to find a good working communication and chemistry to help you with the biggest purchase of your life. 

 

Typically, real estate agents charge a percentage, from 1% to 4% to represent a seller or a buyer. A listing agent may charge, for example, 3.5% for themselves, and another 3.5% for the buyer's agent, for a total of 7%.

 These amounts may vary per real estate agent, so just be sure to do your homework.

 

1. What is Your Average List-Price-to-Sales-Price Ratio? It all depends on the market! Excluding sizzling seller's markets, a good agent should be able to negotiate a sales price that is lower…
Read Full Post »

 

Random

Home-ownership is different than it used to be. Remember when people had one job for 50 years and never left the comfort of their home town? Nowadays, you want to be able to take any job that offers the best opportunity, and up and go to a new city or a new life. This is true for those especially in their 20’s and 30’s. But just because you're young and anxious to explore doesn't mean you shouldn't consider buying. Here are some things to think about:

 

1. Don’t assume you can’t afford it. 

After a few years out of college, millennials assume they either don’t have the 20 percent down payment or don’t have the income to afford a purchase.

That doesn’t mean that if you’re in your 20's, you can’t afford to buy a

Read Full Post »